Riggingpro, Inc. is a rigging company in Houston, Texas. Organized in September, 2002, started as a consulting and specialty rigging operation to provide expert assistance and specialized rigging apparatus to crane and rigging companies.
To be the safest, most quality-conscious, and most innovative company in the specialized rigging industry.
Our Goals and Objectives
- To provide the highest levels of service to all customers
- To preserve high professional and technical standards in order to achieve the highest level of safety
- To provide a uniform image and maintain high ethical standards
- To respond quickly and sensitively to the changing needs of present and potential customers
- To maintain and, where opportunity occurs, expand the present market scope
- To manage, operate, and market Riggingpro in the most efficient manner
- To create a service and people- oriented work environment, assuring all employees of fair pay and working conditions and continuing concern for their careers
- To provide overall superior service and good value in the market segment in which we compete
- To excel in anticipating and quickly responding to customer needs and competitor activity
- To sustain a working environment that attracts, retains, and develops committed employees who share in the success of the company
- To deliver friendly, professional service consistently through well trained and motivated employees
- To search continuously for improvement through innovation and the use of technology
- To employ planning and decision-making processes that provide clear direction and sense of purpose
- To foster a leadership style throughout the organization that encourages respect for individuals, teamwork, and close identification with customers
- To strive constantly to achieve agreed standards of quality at competitive cost levels
- To be a reliable customer, working with suppliers as business partners to insure mutually satisfactory standards of quality and schedule for delivery
- To strive always to be a reliable supplier, justifying a reputation for dependability and good service
- To follow business practices that are fair and responsible
- To provide the safest and best working conditions
- To give each Riggingpro employee equal opportunity for personal achievement and recognition
- To have no tolerance for dishonest dealings with vendors or customers ( eg, bribes, kickbacks)
- To practice honesty and integrity in all matters
David Phillips, Riggingpro president and owner, founded Phillips Crane and Rigging of Houston in 1969. With over 30 years experience in designing and performing rigging operations, he has become one of the leading experts in safe performance of the most challenging heavy-lift projects.
Safety is designed into the project in the planning stage, and continues with attention to every detail in supervision of the work. David Phillips and his former company Phillips Crane and Rigging of Houston have never had a rigging-related loss (large enough to file a claim) in their 34-year history.
Riggingpro, Inc. is a company that I started in September, 2002, after serving out my 3-year employment contract with the new owners of Phillips Crane and Rigging. I had sold Phillips Crane in 1999 to eliminate all debt and take out my equity during a good market.
From 1969 to 1999, Phillips Crane and Rigging provided the opportunity for innovating with apparatus and methods, and most important, working with a quality team of people to meet some of the most challenging lifting and rigging needs.
Riggingpro purchased all of the Phillips Crane rigging, trucking, and shop equipment from Baldwins Industrial Services, a UK public company, in March 2003. Some equipment was part of my original sale to Baldwins, but much of it is nearly new. Baldwins, then in the final stages of Chapter 7 bankruptcy, didn’t make it for a variety of reasons, but that’s another story.
Alas, Phillips Crane and Rigging is no more, but former Phillips Crane employees are at many different companies, still doing a great job; They generally made the most of the experience at Baldwins, grew in their capabilities, and are doing well. I miss them a lot.
Glad to be back in business, I often take time to reflect. I’m thankful to God, our Country, and my family and friends. And many of those friends were my peers at Phillips Crane. They deserve much praise for the jobs done so well over the years. I will be grateful to them for the rest of my life. Together we pursued the American dream, which in my view is making a good living doing something you love to do. Thanks, too, for the business you send our way.
Riggingpro is a smaller, more specialized company than Phillips Crane and Rigging. At Riggingpro, we contract a wide variety of specialty rigging work. We have Cantilever Bars, Lift-n-Lock Hydraulic Gantry Systems (by J & R Engineering), high-rise hoisting equipment including a Timberland modular derrick and a new Hydradyne tower hoist unit. We also have rail systems, forklifts, rollers, spreader bars, and many small items. Our insurance is $6 million liability, including truck fleet and rigger’s coverage to the full limits. We have an impeccable safety record, and work very hard to keep it that way–no claims, no injuries.
We offer a complete service, or just what you want from us to complement your operation in providing specialized capabilities. You can hire us to consult for a day, or do a major turnkey project for you. Over half of our business volume is working for crane and rigging companies.
With our Riggingpro Cantilever Bar, we can lift items up to 100 tons inside structures to remove or install them quickly and safely. We built the first large-capacity, powered-counterweight cantilever bar in 1992.
Consider us to venture with your firm in safely doing the difficult jobs that will maximize profitability. Our expert design, leadership, and specialized apparatus will work for you independently, or with your personnel and equipment. We use state-of-the-art methods such as AutoCAD design and Laser Total Station measurement and job layout.